NOTICE OF INTENT TO HOLD MEETING ELECTRONICALLY
COLUMBIA TOWNSHIP ELECTION COMMISSION MEETING
OCTOBER 7, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
THE MEETING WILL BE HELD ELECTRONICALLY
The Columbia Township Election Commission will hold their regular meeting electronically on October 7, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. This meeting will be held electronically pursuant to the Open Meetings Act and Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order 2020-154. Pursuant to Executive Order 2020-154, the Township gives notice of the following:
- Reason for Electronic Meeting. The Commission is holding its meetings by electronic means only because, pursuant to Executive Order 2020-154 meetings can be held electronically until 28 days after the Governor’s issued state of emergency due to COVID-19 is lifted and to protect the health and safety of our citizens and board.
- Reason for Meeting. The purpose of the meeting is to:
- Approve election inspectors
- Manage business items associated with the November 3, 2020 election
- Establish an Absentee Voter Counting Board
- Hold the preliminary testing or appoint testing to be completed
- Procedures. The public may participate in the meeting electronically and may make public comment by:
Join Anymeeting on Your Computer
- Contact Information. For those people who desire to contact members of the Election Commission to provide input or ask questions on any business that will come before the public body at the meeting, please contact Christy Case, Township Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the start of the meeting.
- Persons with Disabilities. Persons with disabilities may participate in the meeting through the methods set forth in paragraph 2. Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services in order to attend electronically should notify Christy Case, Township Clerk, email@example.com within a reasonable time in advance of the meeting.
53053 CR 388
Grand Junction, MI 49056