Actively support your neighbors’ ability to vote by becoming an Election Inspector. We have a significant need for Election Inspectors in Columbia Township, especially those that identify as Democrats.
What is required of Election Inspectors?
- Attend a four-hour training in the month of June (location within Van Buren County).
- Attend a one-hour training session prior to the August 3, 2020 election (located at the Townhall).
- A volunteer selected as chairperson will need to attend additional training.
- Assist with at least one election in the 2020 election year by working at least a half day. Shifts are 6:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to close (approximately 9:00 p.m.). All day workers are highly desired.
- If enough Inspectors are found, we will also have the opportunity for 2-3 workers to work only as Receiving Board members. This position works from 8:00 p.m. until all work is completed.
Are Election Inspectors paid?
- Yes, the rate varies by position with a minimum of $10/hour.
How you do apply?
- Complete the form found here: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/Elec_Inspec-Appl_131809_7.pdf
- Ensure the Township Clerk receives your completed form:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: PO Box 323, Grand Junction, MI 49056
- Drop off: Drop box on the outside of the building or call 269.434.6227 to make an appointment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com