Several cemetery-related updates are coming soon. Here are some things to watch for:
- The new Sexton is Michael Douglas of Douglas Lawn Care. He is a local resident and we are excited to have him serve the Township.
- New document organization.
- The new software has been implemented, working on inputting data.
- NEEDED: Staff/ volunteers (Is that you? Please let us know if you are interested in volunteering to help with this project.) Data entry will take time to enter decades of cemetery records into the new system.
- Attempts to locate owners of plots and next of kin for the residents of the cemeteries will be made, there are several reasons for this. Watch here for us to provide a form that can be filled out to help us accomplish this task.
- Eventually, the records will be searchable online.
- A new fee schedule has been approved, in April 2022.
- A schedule of cemetery activities including clean-up days, foundation digging and pouring, memorial events, etc.
- Updated land/plot surveys.
- These will occur a little each year for a few years until all of the cemeteries (there are technically five of them) are resurveyed.
- Other future projects could include fencing updates, well maintenance, rental items for ceremonies, GPR of specific areas, clearance of cemetery lands, and more.
We have big plans! If you would like to help with these efforts, please reach out to Christy Case, Clerk, at email@example.com or 269.434.6227.
Columbia Township Cemetery Ordinances, Rules and Regulations
We trust that every lot owner in the cemetery is interested in the enforcement of the rules, as they are necessary to assure the proper management and development of beautiful cemeteries as well as the dignity that they deserves. The cemeteries are hallowed in our hearts and in our memories and we trust that no one will intentionally violate any of the rules.
The PDF below contains information on the Grand Junction Cemetery.