Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Township Elected Officials
Description of Position:
The employee in this position is responsible for providing a wide variety of secretarial and administrative duties and serves as administrative support to Township elected officials.
Essential Job Functions:
The following essential job functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required for the position. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the position.
- Organize and maintain Township files
- Communicate and maintain Township calendar
- Compile information from files and other sources into lists, summaries and reports
- Answer and screen telephone calls
- Compose correspondence
- Process mail
- Complete basic research as requested by Township officials
- Organize and maintain office supplies and equipment
- Maintain excellent public relations through communications with public and other departments
- Respond courteously to inquiries, provides information within scope of responsibility, and refer all calls and visitors to appropriate parties
- Maintain security, confidentiality, and integrity
- Maintain effective interoffice communication
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Applicant must have extensive knowledge of the following:
- Business English and arithmetic
- Standard office practices and procedures
Applicant must have the following intermediate to advanced skills:
- Use of technology including Windows-based computers, Microsoft Office products, database softwares, and other office equipment
- Interpersonal communication
The physical requirements and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, stoop, and sit at a desk for extended periods of time. Successful performance requires the employee to talk, hear, use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, equipment or controls and reach with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and put away parcels up to 25 pounds.
Minimum Education, Training & Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of five years experience as an Administrative Assistant; or any equivalent of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Submit a resume and cover letter to the Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.