COLUMBIA TOWNSHIP PLANNING COMMISSION
VAN BUREN COUNTY, MICHIGAN
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
NOTICE OF INTENT TO USE A VIRTUAL PLATFORM FOR PUBLIC HEARING
TO: THE RESIDENTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS OF COLUMBIA TOWNSHIP, VAN BUREN COUNTY, MICHIGAN, AND ANY OTHER INTERESTED PERSONS:
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Planning Commission of Columbia Township will hold a Public
Hearing and regular scheduled meeting concerning the following matters on Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 7:00 PM via virtual platform (at the Columbia Township Hall, 53053 C.R. 388, Grand Junction, within the Township).
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE if Executive Orders 2020-42 and 2020-48 are not lifted by this meeting date, this meeting will be held electronically pursuant to the Open Meetings Act and Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order 2020-48. Pursuant to Executive Order 2020-48, the Township gives notice of the following:
1. Reason for Electronic Meeting. The Board is holding its meetings by electronic means only because, pursuant to Executive Order 2020-42, the Township Hall is closed to the public, residents must remain at home or in their place of residence to the maximum extent feasible, and all in-person
government activities have been suspended except for critical infrastructure workers and
workers necessary to conduct minimum basic operations.
2. Procedures. The public may participate in the meeting electronically and may make public comment:
By Telephone: 716-273-1035 using Attendee PIN: 297-2124#
3. Contact Information. For those people who desire to contact members of the Planning Commission to provide input or ask questions on any business that will come before the public body at the meeting, please contact Christy Case, Township Clerk, email@example.com prior to the start of the public hearing.
4. Persons with Disabilities. Persons with disabilities may participate in the meeting through the
methods set forth in paragraph 2. Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services in
order to attend electronically should notify Christy Case, Township Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org at least four (4) days prior to the meeting.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that the item(s) to be considered at said public hearing include
1. Zoning Ordinance text amendment to add Recreational Marihuana provisions to Section 7
Definitions, Section 3.04A5 and 3.04B5 AG district, and Section 4.13U Special Land Use and
amend current text for medical marihuana facility.
2. Core Med Farm LLC has petitioned for a Special Land Use Permit for a Commercial Medical
Marihuana Facility at 05864 51 ½ Street (80-06-010-007-00)
3. any other business that may come before the commission.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that the proposed text and application can be reviewed by
contacting the clerk 269-434-6227 or email email@example.com. The Township Hall has
limited open hours.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that written comments will be received from any interested
person concerning the foregoing by the Township Clerk at the address set forth below:
1. Via lockbox located by the front door of the Township Hall
2. By mail at the below address,
3. Or by emailing Christy Case, Clerk, at firstname.lastname@example.org up to the date of the hearing.
Christy Case, Clerk
P.O. Box 323
Grand Junction, MI 49056-0323